How do I unlock my instrument if the display shows the message BOOT ?
First of all you must download on your PC the latest ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface programme and install it on your PC in order to update the software (SW) of your instrument.
Please note that the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface programme supports Windows operating systems only and cannot supports MAC operating systems at this time.
- Click here to get the latest S.M.A.R.T. interface program SW version issued by ROVER available within the “SW UPDATE” area;
- Click here to check the S.M.A.R.T. interface program SW version currently installed on your PC.
SW UPDATE PROCEDURE – Measuring instruments locked on “BOOT”:
The download to SW for your instrument proceed as follows:
- In the “SW UPDATE” area, identify the exact name/model of your instrument and click on the “GO” button;
- Then, click on the relevant “ROVER xxx DVB meter SW” file and download it to your PC.
- Before upgrading your instrument SW, we recommend that you close all applications running on your PC: email, internet WEB browser, application programs, etc.;
- Also check that the battery is charged and that the instrument is connected to the mains and most of all do not switch off or unplug the instrument during the upgrade. The instrument will automatically shut down at the end of the SW update.
Note: If the animated folder on your PC display that indicates that the SW update is in progress seems to be blocked, do not stop the SW upgrade because it is still in progress and will be completed normally.
- Connect the instrument to the mains and switch it on;
- Wait until on the instrument’s display appears the message “BOOT”;
- Connect the USB cable first to the instrument and after to the PC;
- Start the ROVER S.M.A.R.T. interface program on your PC;
- Click directly on the letter U (Firmware Upgrade) at the top icons menu bar of the S.M.A.R.T. interface program;
- In the “Open file” window select “SW update (.rvr )” file that you have downloaded from the “SW UPDATE” area;
- Click on “Open” and confirm;
- The SW update process will start automatically;
- It will take a few minutes for the S.M.A.R.T. program to load the new SW in your measuring instrument;
- When the upgrade is completed successfully, on the PC screen will appear the following message: Power on the meter to activate FW **PROGRAM SUCCESFUL**;
- In case that the measuring instrument does not switch off automatically, switch it off and on and then check if in the initial welcome (Start -Up) or in self-test (INFO ANALYZER / INSTRUMENT) screens, the SW version number has been updated.
In the event that the upgrade is interrupted or fails to be successful, we suggest that you check the USB cable connections and repeat the update procedure again from the beginning.
- Click here if you want to download the “User manual of the PC S.M.A.R.T. interface program” in pdf format.
If the above procedure continues to fail, contact your distributor for advice or click here if you want to contact ROVER service directly: please fill the “Request Information” form specifying in detail your request in the “Message” field.
Note: Verify periodically that you have installed the latest version of the S.M.A.R.T. PRO interface program.